PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY
By using our websites, you agree that your uses are governed by this Policy and all other Terms and Conditions of Use concerning our site. We have the right to use, market, and sell information we collect that is referenced in this policy, so if you do not agree to be bound by these terms, please refrain from using our site.
Types of Information We Collect:
Our primary goals in collecting personal information are to provide and improve our services, to administer your use of our services, and to provide you with information about Microchip USA.
Information You Provide to Us
Subscriptions and Other Content. When you subscribe to receive alerts, newsletters, surveys or event announcements or register to receive certain content and/or templates we may make available, we collect your name, email address, and business card information (such as your office address, work phone number, and job title).
Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as your email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our services and expertise, subscribe to our customer alerts, register to attend a webinar or event, request customer or technical support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
Interactive Features. Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services (referred to herein as “User Content”) will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. Please note that interactive features are shared with your intended recipient.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Social Media Content. We may offer forums, blogs, or links to social media pages such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered public, and we may use this information to tailor our engagements with you, for example, providing you with details of events or legal updates we think may be relevant to you.
Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend or host conferences, recruiting events, and other events.
Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
Information Collected Automatically or From Others
Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you visit our website. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address and inferred information such as company, area code, postal code and country; user settings; cookie identifiers and similar technology; mobile carrier; mobile advertising and other unique identifiers; details about your browser, operating system or device information; location information and inferred metro area and city); and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using the services including information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our website and related services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities. We may combine your information with information that other people provide when they use our services.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the website may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the website that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
- Analytics. We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information. These technologies allow us to process usage data to better understand how our website and web-related services are used, and to continually improve and personalize our services.
- Google Analytics. The Technologies we use will include Google Analytics. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please click on the following link: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our website through a third-party application or site, such as an app store or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party site that you have made public via your privacy settings.